Your child has been assigned a nurse case manager. The nurse case manager will make sure your child has everything he needs when he leaves the hospital.
Nurse case managers:
- Seek preapproval from your insurance company (i.e., for medicine and home health equipment).
- Help you manage your child’s care after he leaves the hospital.
- Work with your child’s medical team to improve care.
- Serve as a resource for you and your child after he leaves the hospital.
Your child’s nurse case manager may:
- Meet with you within 24 hours of admission to review your child’s health history.
- Review your child’s medicine.
- Coordinate resources for your child, such as specialty day care, clinics and therapists.
- Manage communication among your child’s doctor and home care providers.
Talk with your child’s case manager about any other needs he may have.