Guidelines for Visiting Children’s at Egleston (PICU and 4 East Patient Floor)
- Wash your hands each time you enter and leave your child’s room.
- Tell your child’s nurse if any visitors are sick. The nurse will give them protective clothing to keep your child healthy and prevent infections.
- Due to limited space, only two visitors at a time are allowed in the PICU.
- Please stay in your child’s room when doctors do daily rounds. Rounds are times when doctors, nurses and the transplant team talk about the care of your child. Your child’s nurse will tell you when the doctor will make rounds.
- It is best to stay with your child at all times. A family member or friend who is at least 18 years old is allowed if the parent cannot stay.
- One parent can stay with your child overnight. Your social worker can help you with accommodations.
- Child visitors less than 10 years old must be with an adult.