Teens needing rehabilitation are confronted with a unique set of challenges. Our rehabilitation services for teenagers are designed to help your teen reach a functional level necessary to become independent adults.
Our multidisciplinary team provides age-appropriate care to help your teen reach his goals. During treatment, patients interact with others their own age in group therapy and peer support groups. This allows the patients to:
- Talk about common fears or issues about their injury or illness.
- Support each other during their stay.
- Develop self-confidence.
- Family and sibling support groups—ease stress and address concerns that come with recovery and discharge.
- The Zone—includes a high-tech therapeutic play environment featuring a big-screen theater, performance stage and computers.
- Music therapy—helps patients manage pain, relieve stress, develop social skills, and improve speech and physical function.
- B.R.A.I.N. Program—this two-week summer program is designed for teens with acquired brain injuries.
Continue Your Care
If teens require additional recovery support, our day rehabilitation program may be a good option. It is structured like a regular school day, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our specialists follow each teen's progress and help ease the transition from one rehabilitation setting to another.
Plus, our outpatient rehabilitation program offers convenient access to pediatric rehabilitation throughout metro Atlanta. Physical, occupational and speech-language therapists, provide skill training to improve independence through therapy.
Transition Into Adulthood
We also have a guide for young adults with health conditions to help make the transition into adulthood easier.