The Children’s laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art technology that supports a broad test menu. Led by a professional staff of nationally and internationally recognized scientists and pediatric pathologists, our laboratory provides support to the clinical areas of our hospitals ranging from transplant and hematology/oncology to general care areas and to the community through our outpatient services.
Our pediatric-trained technicians are focused on the well-being of our patients. We understand how scary some tests can be for a child, and we have a variety of ways to make our patients as comfortable as possible.
Our services include:
- Phlebotomy staff specializing in pediatric blood collection
- Pain management for phlebotomy procedures
- Age-specific, pediatric reference ranges with test results
- Sweat chloride collection and testing (Accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation)
- Allergy testing using ImmunoCap methodology
- Flow cytometry and bone marrow examinations
- Pediatric microbiology, including polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing
- Pathology examination by board-certified pediatric pathologists and neuropathologists
- Perinatal and placental pathology
- Laboratory oversight by internationally known, subspecialty certified physicians and scientists