The Marcus Autism Center is recruiting subjects to examine the effectiveness of the drug Guanfacine in reducing hyperactivity and impulsivity of children ages 5 - 14 with Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD).
Who can be a part of the study?
- Are between ages 5 - 14 and are currently enrolled in at least a half-day structured school program
- Have a diagnosis of PDD (Autistic Disorder, Asperger’s Disorder, or PDD-NOS)
- Current (medication-free) Clinical Global Impression Severity scores for PDD greater or equal to 4 on ADHD symptoms
- Current (medication-free) score of greater than 24 on the parent-rated Hyperactivity subscale of the Aberrant Behavior Checklist (ABC)
- A mental age of at least 18 months as measured by the age-appropriate form of the Stanford-Binet V Intelligence test or by the revised Leiter or by the Mullen
- A rater confirmed presence of clinically significant: distractibility, impulsiveness, and hyperactivity; present for at least six months, before age 7 years
Contact Marc Badura (email@example.com) at 404-785-9467 to sign up for the study.