Research is an exciting, hands-on way for nurses to become involved in work that may directly improve outcomes for large numbers of patients. The Nursing Research Program supports nurses’ involvement in the use, generation and dissemination of knowledge to advance nursing science and patient care.
The Nursing Research Program includes:
- Education about nursing research and evidence-based practice (EBP)
- Mentoring and consultation
- Navigation of research process
- Assistance in applying EBP to clinical decision making
- Guidance on sharing and translating research conclusion to clinical practice
Our model of evidence-based practice
In addition to research findings and other sources of evidence, Children’s model of evidence-based practice (EBP) includes the influence of practitioner expertise, patient preferences, family values and available resources on the clinical decision-making process.
The EBP process includes:
- Asking a clinical question
- Acquiring available research and evidence
- Appraising its quality
- Applying it to practice
- Assessing the impact of change.