Second Chance Family Camp is a free, fall getaway held at Camp Twin Lakes in Rutledge, GA. The annual event invites transplant recipients, candidates and their families to enjoy camp actitivies with others who share similar experiences.
It's time to make plans for Second Chance Family Camp 2013. Space is limited, so register early.
- Camp dates: Friday, Sept. 13 through Sunday, Sept. 15, 2013
- Location: Camp Twin Lakes in Rutledge, GA
- Cost: There is no fee to for campers to attend camp.
- Campers: Children's transplant recipients and their immediate families
- Medical Staff: Family Camp will have clinical staff available 24 hours a day. Our volunteers consist of staff from Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, as well as community volunteers committed to making camp a special week for your family.
Family Camp Forms
All forms must be completed and submitted to Megan Barrett by Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2012. Submit application materials to:
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Attn: Megan Barrett, Transplant Administration
1405 Clifton Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
Upon receipt of your completed application, you will receive a confirmation letter and additional information about Family Camp two weeks prior to camp. If you have any questions, please call Megan Barrett at 404-785-6284 or e-mail email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you.
See a photo tour
of past Second Chance campers.
Camp activities are centered around family-friendly themes and include:
- Mountain biking
- Wall climbing
- Arts and crafts
During the course of the week, parents can participate in open, organ-specific discussion groups. Past topics have included: What’s New in Transplant; How to Cope With School-related Issues; and Financial Updates.
From team-building activities to individual support, this camp has something for everyone.
Family Camp gives the entire family the chance to experience camp, build friendships and make memories to last a lifetime.
Second Chance Family Camp is held each year at Camp Twin Lakes, a facility designed for children with special needs. The camp is located an hour east of Atlanta in Rutledge, GA. To learn more about Camp Twin Lakes, visit www.camptwinlakes.org.