We combine the latest technology with exceptional physicians and staff to provide care to pediatric trauma patients.
Children’s is home to the first state-designated Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center in Georgia. Located at our Egleston hospital, the Level 1 distinction is the highest ranking of its kind that a hospital can attain, and recognizes centers that provide both premier care and conduct academic research.
In addition, our Scottish Rite hospital contains the state’s only Level 2 Pediatric Trauma Center. This designation means we have specialists with advanced training in pediatric and critical care available around the clock, along with 24-hour operating rooms and priority status for lab work and X-rays.
Our trauma centers include:
- Dedicated trauma facilities with state-of-the-art technology
- Team members with extensive training in pediatric trauma services
- Board-certified attending trauma surgeons available 24-hours-a-day
- Pediatric specialty coverage including neurosurgery, orthopaedic, plastic surgery, vascular surgery, ENT, cardiothoracic surgery and maxillofacial surgery
- In-house pediatric anesthesiologist available 24-hours-a-day
Healthcare Professionals: Transfer a Patient to Children's
Providers at other hospitals should contact the Children's Transfer Center at 888-785-7778 or 404-785-7778.
EMS should contact the Children's Communication Center at 800-325-6540 or 404-785-6540.