After watching the videos and downloading the Concussion Toolkit PDF, register and complete the CME post test.
CME Learning Objectives
- Provide and plan patient care after a concussion utilizing all components of the Concussion Toolkit.
- Describe the immediate and delayed potential consequences of concussion and the dangers of multiple concussions.
- Explain when to advance care to include Emergency Department assessment and/or CT testing.
- Discuss with patients and parents the importance of gradual return to activities, cognitive rest and the importance of follow-up care.
Speakers and Planners
The following speakers and planners and everyone who have control of the content in these videos have disclosed that they have no financial relationships that would create a conflict of interest with these videos.
The videos in the tabs of this web page feature several of these individuals:
- Thomas Burns, Psy.D., A.B.P.P., Director, Neuropsychology
- Michael Greenwald, M.D., Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physician
- Larry Hall, Manager, Orthopaedics
- Shabnam Jain, M.D., Medical Director for Clinical Effectiveness
- David Marshall, M.D., Medical Director, Sports Medicine
- Bryan Philbrook, M.D., Pediatric Neurologist
- David Popoli, M.D., Pediatric Sports Medicine Primary Care Physician
- Andrew Reisner, M.D., Medical Director, Concussion Program
- Kim Speake, R.N., B.S.N., Concussion Nurse Coordinator
- Diane Waldner, Service Line Administrator, Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
- Brad Weselman, M.D., Chairman, Atlanta Area Advisory Council
- Tamara Zagustin, M.D., Pediatric Physiatrist
- Sarah Crumley, Marketing Coordinator
- Allison Krawczyk, M.P.H., Planner
The following planner who has control of the content has disclosed an affiliation or financial interest: Julius Sherwinter, M.D.—Speaker's Bureau for Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.—receives honorarium.
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta knows you have a busy schedule, so we have made it easier for you to earn continuing education credit by providing this learning opportunity online. You may earn CME credit by taking the post test after watching the videos that are in the tabs on the concussion tools web page. Those who complete 80% correctly will be able to print their CME certificate. In addition to the post test, we are asking you some brief questions before the webcast. We thank you in advance for completing them.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is accredited by the Medical Association of Georgia to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Children's designates this internet enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In order to meet regulatory requirements that allow Children's to provide a limited amount of non-monetary compensation to physicians, we must note your participation in this online CME at a value of $10 per credit. This amount will be applied to your non-monetary compensation allowance. No action is required on your part. Thank you for your interest in the CME opportunities.
After the post test, you will receive a link to an evaluation and continuing education questions. As part of your participation in this continuing education activity, it is important for you to complete the online evaluation questions. Note: Only aggregate reports will be produced; physician and organization-specific information is considered confidential and will not be disclosed.
To ask questions related to this activity, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Release date: March 22, 2013
Termination date: March 22, 2016