Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) Volumes
- Performed more than 850 pediatric blood and marrow transplants since the BMT program’s inception in 1985; currently averaging 60 pediatric blood and marrow transplants (BMTs) a year, making the Aflac Cancer Center one of the largest pediatric BMT programs in the country.
- Completed more matched-sibling transplants for sickle cell disease patients than any other center in the country, with outcomes exceeding the national average. To date, more than 30 children with sickle cell disease have been treated through pediatric blood and marrow transplants (BMTs) at the Aflac Cancer Center.
Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) Program Highlights
- Achieved excellent pediatric blood and marrow transplant (BMT) Day +100 mortality rates for both autologous and allogeneic transplants.
- Improved treatment for children with sickle cell disease through basic and clinical research efforts.
- Contract with numerous national transplant networks, including OptumHealth and Blue Distinction Centers for Transplant (BDCT).
Awards and Recognition
*Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR)