Friends, the community volunteer organization of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, has thousands of members throughout greater Atlanta who raise funds each year to fulfill crucial needs.
From black-tie galas and neighborhood block parties to our annual holiday parade, Friends groups plan fundraisers like these year-round to provide communities a fun opportunity to interact with friends and neighbors, while also supporting the patients at Children’s. This year, Friends’ fundraising efforts will benefit Children's camps, which offer weekend and weeklong camp opportunities for children with various medical conditions and their families. In addition, the music therapy and artist-in-residence programs will receive ongoing support from Friends groups.
There are currently more than 2,500 Friends members who support Children’s, not only through fundraising events but also by participating in volunteer opportunities and special service projects.
Get Involved With Friends
The Friends Junior Committee (FJC) is a group of more than 150 young professionals in their 20s and 30s who collaborate to host fundraising and social events that benefit Children’s. The group also participates in special service projects inside and outside our three hospitals, including volunteering with patients and families. FJC raises funds each year to fulfill several crucial patient and family needs, such as family support services, primary care and research. Members of FJC donate their time, talents and ideas to help make a difference in the lives of Children’s patients and families.
girlFriends is a volunteer group of 9th through 12th grade high school girls who are dedicated to fundraising throughout the school year for Children’s. girlFriends supports Children’s through membership, volunteer opportunities, fundraising events and special service projects at our hospital campuses. Each year, girlFriends participates in a variety of events and service activities, such as:
- girlFriends' Annual Fundraising Event - details coming soon!
- Mailbox Brigade
- Patient Parties at the hospital
Apply for the girlFriends Leadership Board > 2023-2024 Application deadline May 12
The Kids for Kids initiative engages children and teens in activities that teach the importance of community service and encourage lifelong volunteerism and philanthropy.
There are several opportunities to engage your children in making a difference in the lives of young patients. Some great, easy ideas for fundraising include:
- Lemonade stand: Set up a lemonade stand on your street.
- Mini carnival: Grab some friends in the neighborhood to host a carnival where kids can play games with change that is later donated to Children’s.
- Change for Children’s: Young athletes from participating sports leagues can help their peers by organizing their own fundraiser with teammates to collect small coins.
- Pool swims: Host a lap-a-thon during a swim practice, ask for pledges or donations before the event, and Swim Across America will provide giveaways for your team.
- Meal bags: Help provide meal assistance to parents of Children’s patients at your next birthday party or friend gathering.
No matter what kind of fundraiser you choose, a Children’s-branded bucket, banner or balloons can be provided upon request.
The money raised will help fund kid-oriented initiatives through our funding goals for the year. Download our printable displays to show how your fundraiser could benefit the System.
Looking for something fun to do with your kids at home? Check out our Hope and Will coloring pages.