One of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country
Our not-for-profit healthcare system includes:
- 638 licensed beds
- 3 hospitals
- Marcus Autism Center
- 28 neighborhood locations, including eight Urgent Care Centers
- More than 90 telemedicine locations around Georgia
- More than 50 pediatric cardiologists in 24 locations statewide
- More than 11,000 employees
- Access to more than 2,600 pediatric physicians and practitioners representing more than 70 pediatric specialties and programs
- 7,000 volunteers
Measuring our impact
In 2017, Children's managed:
- 1,028,551 patient visits
- 391,808 patients (from all 159 counties in Georgia)
- 27,196 hospital admissions
- 165,837 inpatient days
- 993,851 outpatient visits
- 42,811 surgical procedures (inpatient and outpatient)
- 233,184 Emergency Department visits
- 158,280 Urgent Care Center visits
- 47,641 primary care visits
- 76,070 calls from parents across Georgia to the Children’s nurse advice line
In 2017, we continued making strides with Strong4Life, our movement to lead the fight against childhood obesity in Georgia.
- Strong4Life served more than 350,000 kids.
- Strong4Life trained 448 healthcare providers.
- Strong4Life worked with a total of 350 schools, school cafeteria managers and students.
- The Strong4Life Clinic saw 1,086 total patient visits.
- Camp Strong4Life hosted 64 campers and their family members.