Our goal at Children’s is to provide the safest possible care for all of our patients. Your child’s doctor or a member of your child’s health care team will talk with you about specific care for your child.
We invite you to partner with us and be involved in your child’s care. You can help to keep your child safe by being an active member of your child’s healthcare team.
To help us keep your child safe, please do these things on an ongoing basis:
- Please Speak Up!
- Ask a staff member when you have questions or concerns. Use a notepad to write down facts and questions you would like to talk with us about.
- Be involved in making decisions about your child’s care. If you want to know something, Please Speak Up! and ask us.
- Know the results of your child's tests. If you have any questions about your child's test results, Please Speak Up! and ask your doctor. Ask for them to be explained to you in a way you can understand.
- Dowload more ways to help patient safety (en Español)
If you have any questions or concerns about your child at any time, Please Speak Up!
How can I help to prevent infection?
The best way to prevent infections is to clean your hands often and well. All of us carry germs on us. To prevent these germs from harming your child:
- Clean your hands with soap and water or use the alchohol hand sanitizer.
- Clean your child’s hands as well.