Starting today, trained practices now have the ability to place diagnostic and rehabilitation orders within accessCHOA! If you’re interested in learning about how to begin using this new functionality, visit our about page for more information. To register for the next mandatory training session, visit our register page.
Announcing the ability to place diagnostic and rehabilitation orders using accessCHOA beginning on Feb. 25, 2013. Visit our About page for more information
What do I do if I search a patient in First Access and can’t find them?
Unless it is an exact match, the patient will not be found or made available. To confirm the spelling and dates, please call Children’s Health Information Services department at 404-785-0508 to get assistance with the spelling and date of birth. Have the correct name, DOB and sex on hand when you call HIS.
Patient reports available in Clinicals section
accessCHOA features patient reports to help improve and streamline processes within your practice. View the newly updated list of available reports—which includes quick references to discharge instructions, medications and other information—in the Clinicals section. Go to the "Clinicals" tab, then open a patient record, and select an encounter. You can view the available reports in the drop-down menu located to the right of the reports displayed.
Real-time updates sent to GRITS; EHR system in primary care
As of May 9, we began sending real-time updates to GRITS, the state’s online immunization registry, so you can view immunizations administered at Children’s. Prior to this change, all immunizations were sent to GRITS, but with up to a one week delay.
In addition, Children’s has extended our electronic health record system’s clinical software to the Children’s Chamblee Primary Care Center. accessCHOA users will now have the ability to view the Center’s clinical documentation, encounter progress notes, orders and other types of data for their patients.
ED and Urgent Care notes available in Chart Review section
Draft Notes from the Emergency Department and Urgent Care are now available in accessCHOA when looking at the Chart Review section, even if they are not yet filed into the chart. Keep in mind that notes from patient visits prior to March 13, 2012 are not available until they are finalized, but treatment dates after March 13 are available.
New In Basket features allow your practice to send secure messages
You now have the ability to share In Basket messages within your practice, providing a secure and internal messaging system for your patient information. Use new Forward/Reply options to communicate results and events to others within your practice. For more details, refer to the In Basket Features tip sheet within accessCHOA.
accessCHOA was recently enhanced
We have made improvements based on user feedback and suggestions.
- New fields and sequence of Inbasket columns for both Visit and Result notifications – allows you to prioritize what you see with more fields and sorting options. Additionally, you can mass delete notifications.
- Improved Notifications – gives you concise and more meaningful patient information with hyperlinks, so you can “click” to get more details.
- Added MRN field to First Access tool – provides a way to search for a patient using the Medical Record Number (MRN).
- Added Out of Contact feature – allows other users within your practice to gain access to your In Basket while you are unavailable.
- Added Find a Doctor information updates hyperlink to the Quick Links section of the Home page – allows providers to correct or update their physician profile.
Email us to share your feedback and suggestions.