In-Hospital Support Programs
- Chaplaincy services support the spiritual, religious and cultural needs of patients and their families.
- The Big Apple Circus Clown Care Unit® makes rounds at the hospital, administering healthy doses of laughter to ease anxiety.
- Our activity centers contain games, toys, and arts and crafts materials for patients. More organized events, like a pet therapy program, also occur on a regular basis.
- Patients and families benefit from family lounges, in-room sleepers for parents, kitchens, business centers, support groups and help with temporary lodging.
- Our inpatient units have closed-circuit television systems with several special channels, including 24-hour hospital information, children’s movies and live shows for patients and families.
- Volunteers at Children’s are called Friends, and they help all around the hospital, playing games with patients, leading activities, providing customer service and administrative support.