Our outpatient rehabilitation services have had more than 77,000 patient visits each year since 2009.
What does this data mean?
This graph shows the estimated number of patient visits to our outpatient rehabilitation services. In 2012, we had an estimated 95,894 combined patient visits to these services:
Why is it important?
Patient volume is evidence of experience. A more experienced rehabilitation team is better equipped to meet the needs of growing and developing patients. Our team has experience working with a variety of patients and on a wide array of conditions.
How does Children’s make sure we are giving high-quality care?
- We offer our outpatient rehabilitation services at nine neighborhood locations. This gives our patients the care they need where they need it.
- Our staff helps patients regain and improve their independence. The staff includes:
- Physical, occupational and speech-language therapists
- Other professionals
- We involve each patient’s family in therapy so rehabilitation can continue at home. This helps patients relearn skills or recover more quickly.
- Therapists from our different locations share progress and data. This helps make sure the best possible care is given to all patients. If a treatment plan works at one location, therapists share it with our other eight locations.
- We offer several pediatric specialty programs and services. These help patients build function and independence. Examples of these programs include: