It's important that your child's food allergy treatments are specially tailored for his age and maturity level. We offer several services to our young patients and their families.
Some of our services include:
- Personalized, coordinated care between gastroenterologist and allergist
- Symptom resolution and prevention of future issues
- Helping patients maintain the best possible quality of life
- Ongoing support for patients who need food elimination diets
- Nutrition management
Scheduling, Appointments and Forms
Make an Appointment
Call 404-785-KIDS (5437) to make an appointment with our Food Allergy Clinic or our clinic for eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders (EGID).
Change or Cancel an Appointment
Call 404-785-KIDS (5437) to change or cancel an appointment.
For physicians: referral form
Tips for Traveling Families and Visitors
Some patients will need tests that take more than one day. If you do not live in Atlanta and need to make arrangements to stay in town overnight, we have information and resources to help.
We will make every effort to obtain pre-authorization from your insurance company for medicines, procedures (tests) and office visits. However, you need to know what is and is not covered by your insurance plan.
Please be prepared to pay any copayments at your child’s appointment.
Conditions We Treat
- Anaphylaxis—A severe allergic reaction that can cause serious complications
- Eosinophilic esophagitis—A disease caused by an abnormal allergic reaction to food or or allergens.
- Eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders—Disorders that may cause a wide variety of gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms
- Food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES)—A reaction in the GI system to one or more specific foods
- Oral allergy syndrome—An allergic reaction in the mouth caused by eating certain fresh fruits, nuts or vegetables in children who also have seasonal allergies
- Oral aversions/Feeding disorders
What We Offer
We provide several tests and services to help diagnose and treat your child, such as skin-prick and patch testing.
Meet the Team
Food hypersensitivity physicians are part of the Children's Physician Group—Pumonology, Allergy/Immunology, Cystic Fibrosis and Sleep (PACS), which is part of a physician group managed by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
Karen Freedle, M.D., Allergist
Jennifer Shih, M.D., Allergist
Gayathri Tenjarla, M.D., Gastroenterologist
Patrice Kruszewski, D.O., Gastroenterologist
Alexia Beauregard, M.S., R.D., L.D., Nutritionist