We want to provide you with quality family-centered care. Please follow these guidelines to help us keep your child safe and provide the best possible care and service.
- Visiting hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. We may need to limit the number of visitors in your child's room to two at a time. Your nurse will let you know if a limit is needed.
- It is best for your child if one parent spends the night. Other family members may use the Ronald McDonald House, located at 5420 Peachtree-Dunwoody Road, Atlanta, GA30342. The number of rooms available may be limited. Getting a room depends on such factors as how far away your home is from the hospital and family need. Call for information about reservations and house rules (office: 404-847-0760; weekends: 404-250-4994; night (emergencies only): 404-250-4993). A shuttle can take you to and from the Ronald McDonald House and the hospital at all hours.
- All visitors less than 12 years of age must stop at the nurses’ station for screening before entering your child’s room. The nurse will ask questions about any possible illness. This includes brothers and sisters and is done with each visit. The visiting child will receive a special sticker to wear during the visit.
- Brothers, sisters and other visitors less than 12 years of age must be with a parent and remain in the room at all times, unless they are taking part in activity center or family activities.
- Because of the risk of illness to our patients, we ask that infants, toddlers and young school-aged children keep visits brief.
- Siblings are not allowed in the playroom until after 3:30 p.m., unless approved by the child life specialist.
- Children less than 12 years of age must be with a parent, volunteer or child life specialist while in the playroom or on the playground.
At times, it may be necessary to alter these guidelines for the patients’ safety and health.