Our Sports Medicine team works closely with other pediatric specialists at Children’s to offer young athletes direct access to high-quality, comprehensive care.
Whether it’s exercise-induced asthma or an underlying heart issue, our goal is to get athletes safely back to their sport.
The program consults with the appropriate pediatric-trained specialists to ensure each patient receives a thorough evaluation. This helps us make a proper diagnosis and treatment recommendation.
Affiliated Pediatric Specialties
- Hand and upper extremity—Our team of seven pediatric-trained hand surgeons works to diagnose and treat young athletes with trauma or sports-related injuries. Common sports injuries to the hand and upper extremity include:
- Finger, hand and wrist fractures
- Nerve injuries, including brachial plexus injuries (stingers) and nerve compression syndromes
- Overuse injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Tendon ruptures and strains
- Wrist sprains/ligament injuries
- Pain management