This web-based training series is presented by the Governor’s Office for Children and Families and the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Stephanie V. Blank Center for Safe and Healthy Children. It aims to educate Georgia professionals in healthcare related fields on sex trafficking children and teens. The series includes five individual modules which will be presented via live webinars. Interested professionals may attend any of the following webinars.
The modules do not need to be completed in order; however we recommend that learners with limited knowledge of this topic complete the Introduction module prior to others in the series. Each module is individually approved for continuing education credits for Georgia medical providers, nurses, and emergency medical service personnel. At this time, no other CEUs are available. Participants must complete the post-training evaluation for each webinar they attend in order to receive continuing education credits. All webinars are free!
- Introduction to Child Sex Trafficking for Healthcare Professionals
- What You Need to Know about Providing Medical Examinations for the Sexually Trafficked Child
- The Importance of the Medical Interview for the Sexually Trafficked Child
- Child Sex Trafficking: What else do we need to know?
- Using a Victim-/Survivor-Centered Approach when Working with Trafficked Youth
For the full schedule, click here.