The Teen Programs are designed for Children's Sibley Heart Center patients between the ages of 13 and 18.
Teenagers involved in the program will participate in two outings during the spring and fall. These exclusive, teen-only activities provide teenagers living with a heart defect opportunities to interact with their peers. Teens are able to relate, connect and build friendships in a fun and relaxing environment.
Previous events have been held at:
- Dave & Buster's
- The Bodies Exhibit
- Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain
- Atlanta Braves game
- Mini golf and arcades
Kids at Heart Teen Event
Our next Kids at Heart Teen Event is scheduled for Aug. 8, 2015. Event information will be posted prior to the event.
Adolescent Transition Conference
The 2015 Adolescent Transition Conference will be held in the fall of 2015. Email Katherine Keyes for more information or with questions.
This annual conference, for cardiac and transplant patients ages 13 to 20, is a day of education and fun. The conference provides information about the transition from pediatric to adult healthcare. Topics may include:
- Understanding and Maintaining Healthcare Coverage into Adulthood
- How Drugs and Alcohol Affect Your Disease or Transplant
- How Disability Services can Held College and Technical School students
- How to Transition Healthcare Responsibilities From Parent to Teen
- Parent and Teen Breakout Sessions
Some questions that may be answered are:
- What hospital will I go to?
- Will my new doctors know what I need?
- What if I get sick at college?
- Who will remind me to take my medicine?
Parents are welcome to attend. Held at a local Dave & Buster's, this conference is free and includes lunch and games.