Without dedicated volunteers like you, Camp Braveheart could not continue to grow. This year we are hoping to have the biggest camper attendance yet, so encourage your friends and family to volunteer with you.
Please note, you must be 21 years of age or older at the time of camp to volunteer.
We will host Junior (Ages 7 to 13) and Teen (Ages 14 to 18) camp sessions during the week of June 1 to June 6, 2014. Both sessions share the camping facilities.
Volunteers are expected to arrive one day prior to camp on Saturday, May 31, 2014.
- Cabin Counselor: Participate in all camp activities with a group of campers. Counselors sleep in a cabin with the campers. There are usually 3 counselors and 8 to 10 campers per cabin.
- Day Helper: Help Cabin Counselors with campers during the day. Sleep in an adult cabin.
- Activity Staff: Help set-up and facilitate evening activities such as a talent show or dance. Help assist with activities such as arts and crafts, horseback riding, the climbing wall and sports. Sleep in an adult cabin.
- Medical Staff: Distribute medications, triage campers in medical lodge and provide medical care when needed.
- Nursing Students: Help medical staff to triage campers in medical lodge and act as day helpers.
All previous and new camp volunteers, including medical staff, must attend a Volunteer Orientation session. Please indicate which session you will be able to attend in your application.
Please note: Volunteer registration is closed. To be added to the volunteer waiting list, please complete the form below.
If a volunteer position becomes available, you will be contacted by a camp director. If you have any questions, please call 404-785-6735 or e-mail CampBraveheart@choa.org.