Without dedicated volunteers like you, Camp Braveheart could not continue to grow. This year we are hoping to have the biggest camper attendance yet, so encourage your friends and family to volunteer with you.
Please note, you must be 21 years of age or older at the time of camp to volunteer.
We will host Junior (Ages 7 to 13) and Teen (Ages 14 to 18) camp sessions during the week of May 26 to May 31, 2013. Both sessions share the camping facilities.
Volunteers are expected to arrive one day prior to camp on Saturday, May 25, 2013.
- Cabin Counselor: Participate in all camp activities with a group of campers. Counselors sleep in a cabin with the campers. There are usually 3 counselors and 8 to 10 campers per cabin.
- Day Helper: Help Cabin Counselors with campers during the day. Sleep in an adult cabin.
- Activity Staff: Help set-up and facilitate evening activities such as a talent show or dance. Help assist with activities such as arts and crafts, horseback riding, the climbing wall and sports. Sleep in an adult cabin.
- Medical Staff: Distribute medications, triage campers in medical lodge and provide medical care when needed.
- Nursing Students: Help medical staff to triage campers in medical lodge and act as day helpers.
All previous and new camp volunteers, including medical staff, must attend a Volunteer Orientation session. Please indicate which session you will be able to attend in your application.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Camp Braveheart, please complete Part I and Part II of the application process. The application deadline is Friday, March 29, 2013.
Part I: Volunteer Information
Complete the online application form below and proceed to Part II.
Part II: Follow Up Documents
Print and complete the forms found in the link below. If you are a Children's employee please be sure to select the link for employee forms.
Return Part II documents by mail to:
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Attn: Shannon Antinarella, Transplant Administration
1405 Clifton Road, NE
Atlanta, Ga 30322
- Upon receipt of the Part I online application form, you will receive a confirmation email (if you provided an email address).
- Please note, completion of Part I does not guarantee your acceptance into camp. You must also complete, sign and return all Part II forms by mail.
- You will receive confirmation of your acceptance into camp once all forms have been received and processed.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, March 29, 2013.
We hope to see previous volunteers and are excited to meet new volunteers. If you have any questions, please call 404-785-6735 or e-mail CampBraveheart@choa.org.