The Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta participates in a number of national collaborative research consortia geared toward the early clinical development of promising therapies for the treatment of cancer and blood disorders in children and young adults.
- One of the founding members of Pediatric Oncology Experimental Therapeutics Investigators Consortium (POETIC).
- One of a small group of universities and children’s hospitals with access to Phase I and Phase II neuroblastoma clinical trials through Novel Approaches in Neuroblastoma Therapy (NANT).
- One of 17 sites in the country participating in the NIH-funded Transfusion Medicine and Hemostasis Research Network.
- One of only eight centers in the country awarded funds to participate in the NIH Sickle Cell Clinical Research Network.
- Our innovative therapy program includes nearly 30 Phase I and Phase II studies for eligible patients with childhood cancer and blood disorders.