The Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center cares about the whole child and family. This means helping a child physically, emotionally and spiritually. Since a child’s life is centered on his/her family, a crucial element of recovery is supporting the family as a whole.
The Children's Brain and Spinal Cord Tumor Program offers:
- Psychological testing and therapy services for patients and families to maximize recovery and regain normal functioning
- School re-entry program, an increasingly important program as more children survive brain tumors than ever before
- Educational events, such as the “Tools for Living Symposium,” a conference for parents and family members of children with brain and spinal cord tumors
- Partnerships with influential brain tumor organizations and community support programs, including the Brain Tumor Foundation for Children, Deliver the Dream, CURE Childhood Cancer and Camp Sunshine
- Comprehensive Brain Tumor Continuity Clinics
- Childhood Cancer Survivorship Program