Highlights and Accomplishments
- The Aflac Cancer Center follows more than 1,000 children and adults with hemophilia and other bleeding disorders and approximately 200 with clotting disorders, such as thrombosis.
- One of the largest federally funded bleeding and clotting centers in the country.
- In conjunction with Emory University School of Medicine, the Aflac Cancer Center offers the Comprehensive Hemostasis and Thrombosis Program, a recognized leader among treatment facilites in the United States for its achievements in care, education and research for patients with congenital bleeding disorders and their complications.
- Succeeded in developing an integrated pediatric and adult care model that eliminates the stress and barriers associated with the transition from pediatric to adult healthcare facilities.
Physician Leadership Impact
- Researchers at the Aflac Cancer Center developed a novel new treatment for patients with hemophilia A with inhibitors that will be in clinical trials in humans in the near future.